LOELLI's 'SUMMER ELECTRIC' Collection ~ Inspired by Hot Summer Days, Ocean Air, & City Night Life.
Here's 9 steps to help you break out of your style & makeup rut with the SUMMER ELECTRIC look...
1. METALLIC MAKEUP + GLOWY SKIN.
This is a stunning combo on anyone, especially for summer when your skin is more tan.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in 'YDK' all across my eyelids and 'Twice Baked' on the outer crease for added definition
- Tarteist Pro Glow Palette - 'Sculpt' as contour and 'Stunner' as highlight on cheekbones
- Hard Candy Glow All The Way in 'Tropical Tan' on neck, chest, and shoulders
- LOELLI's Alina Silver Earrings
2. SWITCH UP YOUR GO-TO HAIRSTYLE.
I'm just as guilty as anybody of straightening my hair and leaving it at that. I have to make a conscious effort to bring a different vibe from time to time. The fun part is there's a million possibilities. Here I french-braided my hair (or I should say had it french-braided, I can't do this myself) in two sections on top and left the bottom down. This particular style is obviously more do-able on longer hair, but even if your hair is on the shorter side you can experiment with different styles.
- My sister Kathryn (an amazing hairstylist)
- LOELLI's Athena Rhinestone Choker in 'Gold'
3. AMP UP THE HOTNESS OF ANY OUTFIT WITH UNIQUE JEWELRY.
One of my favorite lazy girl style tricks is to use jewelry you can't find anywhere and everywhere. It takes two seconds and can elevate the simplest outfit to look pulled together & hot. ;) I don't really buy into the idea that there's a number limit to how much jewelry you put on. As long as you feel comfortable and like the way it looks, layer up! Stacking necklaces of different lengths is an effortless way to do this.
4. BODY BRONZER & HIGHLIGHTER.
The luminescence and glow these creams give are gorgeous and great for a party, summer BBQ, etc... but maybe not so much for swimming. If you use the same products I did, they will wash off and probably get streaky. So I'd either keep dry with this look or find a water resistant version of the products.
- Hard Candy Glow All The Way in 'Glamazon Bronze' all over my neck, arms, and decollete
- Hardy Candy Glow All The Way in 'Doll Face' on the peaks of collarbones and the tops of shoulders. This is a shimmery pink luminizer that I treated as a highlighter.
- LOELLI's Alina Silver Earrings
[While the colors of these bronzing and highlighting products look great on people who have naturally light to medium skin-tones like me, you may want to opt for deeper shades of body bronzers and highlighters if you have a darker skin tone.]
5. ADD BEACHY HAIR & ACCESSORIES.
With a couple of simple additions you can bring a bohemian beach babe vibe to almost any outfit. Here I'm wearing just a simple black top and jean shorts, but I put some soft waves in my hair, threw on a gold body chain, and layered a couple boho-inspired bracelets. I kept my makeup soft and on the natural side to highlight the other aspects.
- Curling Wand - separating random 1-inch sections of hair and curling in alternating directions, allow to cool for a minute and then run fingers through to create more natural waves. [You can use sea salt spray for added texture, but I have yet to find one that doesn't make my hair feel too stiff and crunchy.]
- Lexy Bodychain in 'Gold'
- Kali Bracelet 'Brown/Pink/Yellow'
- Laguna Bohemian Bracelet in 'Maroon/Gold/Black'
6. APPLY SHIMMER IN A LESS TYPICAL WAY.
I love this because it's wearable for pretty much any occasion. Using a steamy tealish-green shimmer eyeshadow, I applied it on just the inner corners of my eyes and blended out.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in 'Flipside'
- LOREAL True Match LUMI Powder Glow Illuminator in 'Cool Undertone' as highlighter on cheekbones
- Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in 'Eastend Snob'
- NYX Lingerie Eye Tint in 'Rose Pearl' [yes, I used an eye product on my lips ;P ]
- LOELLI's Elli Earrings
7. WEAR A SUMMERY PRINT.
- A palm tree printed sarong I bought from H&M a couple years ago, tied as a dress.
- LOELLI's Aphrodite Necklace
8. LUMINOUS SKIN, UPDO, & RHINESTONES FOR A DATE NIGHT.
Luminous skin is extremely flattering and simple earrings like these can you make look gorgeous without trying too hard.
- Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter in 'Sin'
- LOELLI's Lana Earrings in 'Silver'
9. TRY SOMETHING OUTSIDE YOUR ORDINARY FOR A FESTIVAL, CONCERT, OR SPECIAL EVENT.
This is just an example, but there's so much you can play around with for a non-everyday event. Maybe you'd rather wear metallic fuchsia lipstick or temporary spray in haircolor, but the idea is it's not something you normally do.
- Nyx Vivid Brights Liner in 'Gunmetal' directly underneath eyebrow
- While liquid liner was still wet I applied a combination of Urban Decay Eyeshadows in 'Kiddie Pool' and 'Uzi' (pressing onto brow bone with a compact eyeshadow brush)
- ColourPop Creme Gel Liner in 'Show Me' on top lashline
- Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in 'Addiction'
- LOELLI's Elysian Festival Style Necklace
With summer coming and tons of new and different things to do, what could be a more perfect time to break out of your style rut? Whether it's experimenting with your outfits & makeup routine, changing up your hairstyle, or throwing on some hot pieces of jewelry, the options are limitless. So have fun with it and step outside your comfort zone a little. ;)
(& get Free Shipping with code inside).
Did you like this article? Then don't forget to sign up for LOELLI email updates! I give more style & makeup tips, exclusive offers, behind-the-scenes of my artistic process, and much more good stuff I only share in email. Click Here To Sign Up!
About The Author
Allison Liebi is a makeup artist, licensed esthetician, entrepreneur, self-taught artist, & creator of LOELLI |a boho-urban boutique website & jewelry brand featuring her original artwork and prints|